Fun Ways To Beat The Winter Time Blues
If you feel like nothing but a strong pot of coffee will get you out of bed, join the club. Our bills are high, the temperatures are low and the days are way too short! Not everyone has the extra money to jet set to the nearest ski lodge or escape the cold with a trip down south. If you’re on a budget and looking for budget friendly winter activities, you came to the right place. Check out our list of cheap but FUN winter activities.
- Read your favorite childhood book to the kids.
- Listen to music. Listening music is a mood booster and even a motivator.
- Help the kids bake cookies and have them share the cookies with friends.
- Microwave s’mores while bingeing on your favorite netflix series. ( Just as good if not better than over a fire pit)
- Plan a vacation. If you are able to put aside some money , having a fun vacation to look forward to will surely lift spirits.
- Go outside! I’ll be the first to admit that it’s challenging to get outdoors in the winter. During the summer I love the outdoors. During the winter, I become a hermit.
- Build a snowman with the children.
- Snuggle under a blanket with hot cocoa.
- Make a pot of spiced cider or mulled wine.
- If you have an extra $29 in your budget invest in this firepit from walmart . Now you have a place to sip your wine or spiced cider, the children can roast marshmallows & it’s something you can do often.
- Go ice skating.
- Try these easy winter crafts for kids that are all about the cold.
- Go sledding!
Do you have any fun or unique activities you & the family enjoy when it’s cold ? Please share your thoughts & ideas in the comments below, we LOVE to hear from you!